Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mitad del Mundo

So this is a quick update to tell you about a short trip I took to Mitad del Mundo, or the equator. It was pretty cool, with a few demonstrations of how things work slightly differently on the equator. For example, it´s supposedly easier to balance and egg on its end, although I wasn´t able to do it. Water really does drain in opposite directions in the different hemispheres, but falls straight down right on the equator. It´s also harder to walk a straight line if that line is the equator itself.

There´s not much more to tell, but it was cool to have straddled the equator, and I suppose that it was one of the things I had to do while I was here.

Tonight I finally have my first ayahuasca ceremony with a shaman. I´ve been looking forward to this for a while. I´m sure I´ll write about here in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment