Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Trip

Hola a todos,

The trip went quite smoothly. There were no hiccups, although it was a long and exhausting journey. I was impressed with Avianca airlines. I had never heard of them and for some reason expected the service to be subpar. They were, however, the nicest airplanes I´ve been on, and the service was much friendlier than US airlines I´ve flown with.

I´m staying in a hostel for a few weeks, until I can move into my apartment. Perhaps I´ll take some pictures, but it isn´t that exciting.

Fortunately, Lori and Laura are both here, and they have taken me under their wings. I already spent most of my first day walking around the city, being introduced to a lot of people, and eating new (and rather tasty: I´m looking at you tomate de arbol) foods. It was a little overwhelming and I must admit I had a breif moment of panic where I wondered what the hell I´d gotten myself into. Luckily that has passed. Everyone has been friendly and helpful, and I´m looking forward to the rest of my year here, although I have a feeling that it might be a hectic one.

But the time is ripe for it.

That´s all for now.

Chao.

1 comment:

  1. didn't you say that landing would be tricky...so did it really look like the plane was going to fly into the mountain?

    ReplyDelete